Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A marathon weekend

Last week was a little boring without daddy at home. But it is over now. This week we had a marathon weekend. Daddy had a long weekend that was 3 days weekend, and guess what we actually travelled 3 countires on these 3 days:)

On Saturday early morning, along with Buddhi kaka, aai and me went to Amsterdam where daddy was already waiting for us. Aai had told me that we are going to a park, but not my usual playground park, this would be a park where I would be seeing many flowers. I had no idea what it will be but was excited to get out of the house.

After meeting daddy, all 4 of us went ahead in a bus to a place called 'keukenhof' - was a long journey and felt really looooooong with totally packed bus!!

Inside the park, it was fun with nice music, big big fountains and lots and lots and lots of flowers!! I enjoyed walking (read it as running) along the pathway of that huge garden. In between aai was forcing me to be in the pram, but I made it a point that I won't loose any chance of running in that park.

Ahead in the park was a big maze made up of nice green bushes. Aai was heading the way to take us to the center, but after reaching the 2-3 different dead ends, we managed to reach the destination. Just after that I had a nice swing to ride. It was a little different than the normal one where aai pushes me, here aai took me in her lap and we both together swang from one end to other end of a big sand pit on one rope ... I am not sure of aai, but I enjoyed it very much and wanted to repeat it, but there was a queue and could not do it again:(

The next interesting thing was a BIG shoe. It was so big that I could crawl inside it. There was another shoe as well, but here I could not crawl inside it, but did try to sit inside. After playing with shoes, I was tired and wanted to sleep. Just when I was about to eat and sleep, we found a nice sclupture made out of tree's trunk. Clupture was of a spiral staircase. Any guesses what happened next? Aai was forced to give me food standing next to that spiral staircase sclupture for next half an hour.

After running up and down, I finally went off to sleep. You must be wondering, how come Dhruv is not telling anything about the flowers in the garden.. I thought rather than I telling you, it would be great if you see it yourself out here ...
(double click on the photo to view larger in a seperate window)


By the time I got up, we were back in Amsterdam bus and after that we took a nice boat trip of Amsterdam city. It was a long tiring day for all of us. We came back to Brussels. But wait, if you think with this my travel for the weekend is over, then you are wrong.

Next day by afternoon, we left for airport and then took a flight to reach Prague. This was the first time when I had a window seat and I actually enjoyed seeing other aeroplanes, the city below and then the white clouds. Not to forget the cheesy sticks which I got to eat along with 2 lollypops:)

So that was the marathon weekend when I used all modes of transport Bus, Tram, Metro, Railway, Aeroplane and Boat and travelled 3 different countries (Belgium, Holland and Czech Republic) to reach to our next destination - Prague!!

No comments:

Post a Comment