Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Europe Tour Continues

This was second week at Prague, but still I have not been able to write about it in this blog of mine. But it has to wait for another week, reason being we are travelling so much around here in europe that I have to write about that travel as well.

This weekend we visited a place called 'Salzburg' - a scenic city in Austria. Many people including aai-daddy talk about the city as place where a movie called "Sound of Music" is picturised. So for all of you who did not know about it, that was a bit of information and if you are not interested in knowing these details, then join me in seeing all the 'unch unch dongar' (Big big mountains)!!

Travel from Prague to Salzburg started early in the morning around 6 AM. On these days when we have to go out like this, I happen to get up early in the morning like 4 AM. Aai-daddy wonder how do I manage that(and that remains the secret with me), but they do not complain either. This time's train was very nice with a cabin to us and a nice passage outside where I could run. But suddenly in between the ticket checker lady asked us to get down. No no, not because we were travelling without ticket, but the train did not have permit to travel beyond that point!! So after changing to a bus and then to a train, we managed to reach Salzburg just in time to catch our tour bus at 2 o'clock.

Next 4 hours we travelled in a mini van of a sight seeing company!! The travel was good except for few things like, forcing me into a car seat, not allowing me to eat inside the car and not allowing me to talk (in loud voice) to aai!! Our guide took us to 4 different lakes and on the way showed us some big big mountains!! At one of the lakes, she gave us a break from van.

First time, I touched so cold water - yes daddy took be the edge of the lake and we both washed our hands in the lake water. After washing my hands, I had my lunch seeing (while running around :) ) that pure and calm water next to the big mountains covered with snow at the top!! The view from the point where we were sitting was really very beautiful and 1 hour was over in no time. After this we saw two more lakes and then came to our hotel. Even at the hotel (luckily we had a room on 6th floor) we could see a nice picturous view of river/cannal with moutains in the background.

Next day, aai-daddy decided to take me to a park - they knew that I would be happy to slide down on a slide than roam around the city seeing the moutains!! So we went to a park called Mirabell park - while aai-daddy appreciated the floral landscape out there I appreciated the vast variety of pebbels present there around the tulips!! At the end as promised they took me to playground of the park before headed for our trip back home.

So that was about our trip which I describe as "aamhi mothe dongar baghayala chalaloy" (we are going to see big big mountains)!! So, till I write about our stay at Prague, here are some nice photos of this lovely city - "Salzburg"!!




No comments:

Post a Comment