Monday, January 19, 2009

A warm welcome to the cold winter

11th January 2009, everyone at home was telling me I am going to "Bellium". What is it and where is it? I didn't know it at that time but was enjoying the attention that I was getting from everyone - till the last moment of getting into the car!!


Soon we were at a big open place where daddy was pushing all the big-big suitcases while Aai was taking care of me in the pram. They tried their best to put me to sleep so that they can relax at the airport till we board the flight, but I had some different plans. I made them realise that I am a big boy now and can stay awake till 3 a.m. - just like them!!

Did they like this(including crying for a widnow seat inside the flight) is not something that I would like to answer out here :) . But, after doing all that I slept off for around 6-7 hours which I am sure was a blessing for them!!

Next day when we got out from the flight and after doing another set of formalities (while I was enjoying cheeslings) , we were in "Bellium". I just loved this new place - it was so cold out there. Everyone wearing jackets, caps, gloves etc. - a totally different dressing style. Aai also tried to put gloves to me, but I removed them within few seconds to enjoy the chill outside:).


Soon we were in one room which looked like this ...


So after coming here in the room, daddy told that we have to live here for some days!! I could see that they are visibly worried about how can I spend time in that one room. But I liked the room and immediately started playing around.


Next 5 days we were in that room only. Daddy used to go to office in the morning and then come back in the evenings. One or two days we went out. Once we all went out in a train. Daddy was calling it as "metro" while aai was calling it as train...confused - but I will go with train -"jhuk-jhuk gadi". Another day Buddhi kaka had come and we had gone out walking walkin (rather running running).




Most of the time I was inside the room only, it was a little boring initially but I made a nice playground out there. Here is how my playground looked like ...

A climbing up and down exercise next to window - trust me aai never liked me doing that all by myself !!


Sliding down the pillow - a very safe game so problems on that fom aai.

Jumping from bed - again with carpet down, I could do it again and again wihtout getting hurt.


Only swing I could not replicate out here but then I had another thing .. that is listening to songs --oops sorry watching songs !!

So my overall routine in the room was, looking at the cars outside on the road, listening to music, jumping, playing with my toys, starting & stopping the dishwasher(with or without plates inside), pulling a chair and climbing that to reach to laddu box:),

talking to ajji-ajoba & thatha-pati on laptop ..

and posing for photos like this ....
cricket attire - killing the chill with sleevless shirt and half chaddi :)




my daddy dearest...



I love u mummy!!



look where am I sitting!!


Now it's upto you to guess which all mummy did not like :)

6 comments:

  1. hey paddy ..dhruv has grown up :) and has more of his daddy s looks i feel. thou some angles he does look like you too :)

    he has pretty much enjoyed his week in the one room playing and exploring the new area :) Its nice :) have loads of fun Dhruv !!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Dhruv! How about a video or audio of you saying "thandi khoob aavadte" like you said on the phone the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    Great to have you back on cyberspace, dhruv ;)
    keep up the good work, driving ur mommy and daddy up the wall...!

    enjoy the cold,
    luv
    Ruma..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dhruv,
    Nice to see you exploring another continent!
    Enjoy the cold and experience the world!!
    I can still hear your sweet voice 'polaama...!!

    - Sharada pati from Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dhruv,
    It is so nice to be connected to you and radha and paddy-my sweet Bahu, who translates your voice to us so beautifully. Enjoy all new experiences... and keep sharing with us. Do lots of playful masti, but eat well and sleep well to grow well
    Lots of love
    Raji Pati

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey !! Happy bday cutie pie! .....watched all ur videos ....!! chow chweet !! :)....sandhya

    ReplyDelete