Friday, January 23, 2009

69 Rue De Terveaet- a cold welcome at new house!!

Saturday morning, we again started with all the big suitcases - I thought may be we are going back to Pune. I was happy , but our car stopped immediately in 15 minutes, and aai took me inside one building. Since last two days, both of them were telling me that we are going to our house (which I had assumed as Pune house), but this was the same house which we had seen sometime during the week. At first sight, it looked like a nice place to me.

I am climbing so many steps to reach to the house, will I be allowed to this as often as I used to do back there in Pune house? :) We enter into the house - aai, daddy are busy getting suitcases and all stuff inside, while I am having a close look at all the corners of the house. After all I will be the one who will make use of each and every corner of this house. I liked this house. Why?, you will find it out as I describe the house ...

A nice hall having two sofas and carpet down on the floor, gives a great joy to jump up and down.




A big window gives a great view of the road.


Long passage between hall and kitchen is my main playground



where I play bat-ball, football, running, crawling and jumping and for other activities like this - playing with trashbag's roll!!









Kitchen has a big fridge. Unlike Pune, this fridge has both the door handles at a hight reachable to me. That's nice !!:)
A little corner where I can do my namo with "shank ti pani"(Shanka chakra gada paani)


Bedroom - wow this is a nice place to play hide and seek with a huge wardrobe having sliding doors.



And oh did I forget to mention about the small bedroom near the passage which I can use for anything :)


Now I am done with my inspection of the house - why not I have a look at the road outside from the window. Hey but look at this, the window has so many pretty things kept its side. Let me have a look at this small plant. "Khalllll" - there comes the noise. Oops, it's broken. I look around to see if anyone has noticed it. Hurrey - noone has come rushing. May be they have not heard it or they are used to it:) Like a good boy, I told it to aai, and then quickly all the nice looking things across the house reached to a height of 4' and above, like this...



Aai-daddy are very happy that I have liked the house, so they have started celebrating it by calling Buddhi uncle for tea. It was just around 1 hr into house and oops there comes 1st "jhataka"!! Suddenly we are in darkness - power is gone. I could see that my parents are a little worried about this darkness so I decided to stay quiet!! After few phone calls and all, they could figure it out that it was not going to come before 4 - so we all decide to go to Buddhi kaka's place. Not that we can't live in darkness, but here if there is no current -there is no heating and yes we certainly can't stay without heaters!!

We came back from Buddhi kaka's place and to our surprise electricity was back. Again we are very happy and enjoying. I started watching my songs etc. and around 7 in the evening we got another "jhataka" - this time I went off to sleep. Next day morning, I heard from my parents that the electiricty was back only in the night but one good point was we had found out the problem and a temporary solution to that. So overall, it was a little cold welcome in our new house!!
Nevertheless we are enjoying our new house with these intermittent "power cut-offs"!!




2 comments: